公告:
精彩视频
council 长老 Fans 发消息
发表于 05-5-17 09:03:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 英国
Rick Vrielijnck (Rick V)

Netherlands

World Model cup Shanghai 2005.

Dear Racers,

After my visit in Thailand in the beginning of januari i was very excited to visit Asia again. This time i participated in the world model cup which was organised by world model.

After a 10 hours flight i arrived at around 9 o’clock in Shanghai in China, Mr Shiu and Tommy Dai the owner of a local hobby shop picked me up, after a 1 hour drive we arrived at the hotel to drop of some stuff and then we headed to the track, to be honest i can’t remember how we got to the track because i fell a sleep every 5 minutes :)

group photo

When we arrived at the track i woke up again, and after meeting up with all the guys fom the Hongkong serpent team and also the Serpent team of Thailand i decided it was time to check my Serpent 710 and to run a few laps on the track.

Actually the track was situated inside a military base on a big parking lot were they normally run a driving school, but in the weekends they can use it for modelcars.

As you can imagine the track was still very dusty and because it was quite big it took a while to get it dust free. So of i went, the first laps i took it very easy but i already had a good feeling with the 710 so I was quite confident for the upcoming race. In the afternoon the track got better and better and also Suruth V from Thailand had a pretty good car.

Sunday, the second day of free practice rained out so i stayed in the hotel to clean the car and to get some more sleep. Monday the last day of free practice started out bright so of we were to the track. This time almost everybody was present because the race would be on Tuesday and Wednesday. There were also a lot of kids, who participated to get points for school, so for them it was also a huge experience to compete with us.

On Monday afternoon i got a very good setup for my Serpent 710 so i had plenty of time to help out other racers with their cars, actually it was nice to see that almost all serpent drivers already had a good setup so it was only a matter of fine tuning their cars a little bit.

The track from the side

Tuesday race day, the morning started out with a lot of sunshine perfect weather for racing.

Actually i was quite lucky in the first place because i almost missed the bus that mr Shiu arranged, because the alarm clock on my cell phone started to give me some attitude!

When we arrived at the track we had to sign in, and every racer got a protoform body together with a nice GRP car stand, and a Serpent  keycord and for the race everybody was supplied with quality fuel from Tornado.

Today we would complete 3 ten minute qualifiers and the last round would be on Wednesday morning, in the first qualifier i was leading in front of Suruth till the last minute but then  hit somebody and i was out. The second run was much better and i improved on Suruth’s time with one lap. The last qualifier i decide to run a one-way in my car because i needed more steering in my car in the slower parts of the track, but when i was driving the warm up it felt like flying an apache helicopter in a toilet so after 7 minutes of survival i was still first but shortly after my 710 looked a bit….well uhh not so much like a 710 anymore :)
But I was still tq after 3 rounds.In the evening i wanted to change the car a bit for the last round on Wednesday morning, to go faster i needed more steering and more stability out of the corners so i lowered the rear rollcenter and i mounted a 2.5 mm rear anti-rollbar. I also took out the one-way and mounted a front diff and set it medium-hard. And last but not least I changed the standard chassis for the new optional one (802121) which gives more traction and stability.

In the last qualifier my car was really good but in the last lap i hit a car and I had to wait for my pitman who had to run across the track to pull the body in place again so I didn’t improve my time but I was still tq followed by Suruth.

After all the finals were finished it was time for our a-final, after a nice drivers introduction and the warm up we were called in for the start. Everybody took of extremely well with me in the lead, we actually got  an applause for a very clean start!

The first 5 minutes my car was very good, even better than ever before but I was using new tyres 65mm in the rear and 63mm in the front without any problems .

After 10 minutes I still had the lead about ¾ of a lap in front of Suruth but then I made a very stupid mistake, it took a while to get back on four wheels and by this time Suruth passed me.

So I was chasing Suruth but then it started to rain a little bit, after a few laps Suruth went a little wide in front of the drivers stand so i could take back the lead, by now the track was getting very slippery and the announcer told us that the race would end in 1 minute so i took it easy and took the 1st place trophy back to Holland.

So after a busy but very enjoyable week i travelled back to Holland with a lot of good memories, these guys really know how  to organise an event but at the same time they have a lot of fun! I can’t wait to go back to Asia because I will never forget this race!

I would like to thank Mr Shiu and the Hongkong Serpent team for taking care of me and for a terrific week. Also I would like to thank Mr Tommy Dai from Fy Models.

Also I would like to thank my sponsers, Serpent mrc, Mega, Grp, Sanwa radio, and also the
Sponsers for the event , Tornado, Ellegi, Hudy, Ko propo, Mega, Protoform and Serpent.

‘till next race,

Rick V

爱小车 超级元老 发消息
发表于 05-5-18 09:09:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
“but when i was driving the warm up it felt like flying an apache helicopter in a toilet so after 7 minutes of survival i was still first but shortly after my 710 looked a bit….well uhh not so much like a 710 anymore :) ”
这句话看上去很有趣,不过我还是没看懂,哪位英语达人能解释一下。
另外“在厕所里飞阿帕奇”这个谚语强的,不知道我理解对不对,呵呵。
头像被屏蔽
发表于 05-5-18 10:57:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 英国
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
疯狂活塞 超级元老 发消息
发表于 05-5-19 15:45:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
刚有空看完这篇文章,原来他说的“在厕所里开阿帕奇直升机”是指用头 ONE WAY 来开的,可我用头单开完比赛,感觉没他说得那么夸张么。。。。。  

就只有一个短直道后的180度弯道难处理些,其他的还是比较好走的,两个高速弯道可以很快
tommydai 论坛元老 发消息
发表于 05-5-18 22:21:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
虽然能看懂,但还是希望有空的大侠能翻译成中文,让更多FANS分享RICK的文章·
发表于 05-5-19 13:17:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 中国广东广州
上海的场地小吗???????????
irvine 超级元老 发消息
发表于 05-5-19 12:26:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 中国广东广州
      可能他习惯了欧洲‘无限制高速公路’,来到国内这些“小山路”当然不习惯啦。
我觉得,每条赛道都有他的难度,我们都应该用自己的能力去适应他。
反而感觉这句话挺有意思“在一个狭窄环境内开apache战斗直升机”,这次比赛我们提升本能变成飞机师了。[em27]
疯狂活塞 超级元老 发消息
发表于 05-5-19 14:20:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
40M的直道还小啊?     难道非得象上次京商全胜的场子一样,来个70M的直道才爽么?
发表于 05-5-19 17:38:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 中国广东广州

以下是引用疯狂活塞在2005-5-19 14:20:47的发言:
40M的直道还小啊?     难道非得象上次京商全胜的场子一样,来个70M的直道才爽么?
一般标准赛场的直路,不少于70米至120米。
Allan0628 超级元老 发消息
发表于 05-5-20 20:52:00 |显示全部楼层 来自: 中国北京

以下是引用疯狂活塞在2005-5-19 15:45:06的发言:
刚有空看完这篇文章,原来他说的“在厕所里开阿帕奇直升机”是指用头 ONE WAY 来开的,可我用头单开完比赛,感觉没他说得那么夸张么。。。。。  

就只有一个短直道后的180度弯道难处理些,其他的还是比较好走的,两个高速弯道可以很快

你换台京商原厂GS15发动机,可能全程都不用收油门,更好跑!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

广告投放|联系我们|手机|投稿|Archiver|About us|Advertise|遥控迷模型网|RCFans ( 粤ICP备10210518号-1 )

版权所有 RCFans.com © 2003-2016

返回顶部